Woodlawn CC

Woodlawn CC

Monday, January 20, 2014

Martin Luther King, Jr. 2014



It is difficult to believe but another year has passed.  Last year I published a paper that I wrote concerning Dr. King for my ELM classes.  Since my late Mentor Jesse was such a good friend of Dr. King's it's impossible for this day to come and for me not to spend time reflecting on Jesse and the things he taught me.  I do believe he'd be proud of the book I've started penning and I do wish he was here to help me along the way.  His prowess with Greek and Hebrew would be of immeasurable help to me.

May this day of celebration concerning the life and teachings of Dr. King find you all well and blessed.

In God's Constant Care and Ultimate Grace,
Roy

(below is the introduction to last year's blog post and a link to that post)


As I have stated before my late mentor Jesse was a close and long time friend of Dr. King.  As a part of my ELM education I did write a paper about Dr. King.  As an American Baptist Dr. King is a very important man to our denomination and most likely the most famous American Baptist Pastor of all time.

May this essay stand as a tribute to both Dr. King and my friend Jesse's memory.

God's Eternal & Undivided Blessings to you all,
Roy

My 2013 Post for MLK Day



Note to any that may be reading my blog on either Facebook or LinkedIn, please like my post on those sites to help me increase my reach.  Thank you and God's Blessings to you!  Roy

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this. I am the proud son of Jesse. I'm so glad he touched your life so deeply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I doubt a day goes by that I don't wish I could talk to Jesse. I just last week returned from a 10 day trip to Israel and there was so much that I wanted to talk to him about. God bless you & yours and you should be proud of Jesse he was a wonderful soul.

      Delete

Please be respectful in your comments to each other and to myself as well.
Thank you and Bless you for reading and commenting.