Woodlawn CC

Woodlawn CC

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

No God - No Peace / Know God - Know Peace, Thursday Night Sermon Dec 6, 2018


Last Thursday Night was our first night after changing the time from 7 pm to 6 pm, which was done for just the winter months. Our turn-out was a bit off and I suspect several people forgot that we were moving up an hour.  Also, as the weather has continued to get colder, I have noticed more and more folks watching the 'Livestream' on Facebook that were coming to the service when the weather was a bit more favorable. This really is not a concern, the important part is that folks are taking in the service, no matter which route they take they are still being reached... Praise God.

The sermon covered the fact that in our lives we will never know peace if we are expecting that peace to come to us from the world... The only place we can find peace in this life is if we focus upon God and find comfort and reassurance in His love, grace, and peace.

Be a blessing to someone today!

In God's peace,
Roy


Philippians 1:1-11 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
Salutation
1 Paul and Timothy, servants[a] of Christ Jesus,

To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with the bishops[b] and deacons:[c]

2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul’s Prayer for the Philippians
3 I thank my God every time I remember you, 4 constantly praying with joy in every one of my prayers for all of you, 5 because of your sharing in the gospel from the first day until now. 6 I am confident of this, that the one who began a good work among you will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ. 7 It is right for me to think this way about all of you, because you hold me in your heart,[d] for all of you share in God’s grace[e] with me, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel. 8 For God is my witness, how I long for all of you with the compassion of Christ Jesus. 9 And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight 10 to help you to determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, 11 having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God.

Footnotes:
a) Philippians 1:1 Gk slaves
b) Philippians 1:1 Or overseers
c) Philippians 1:1 Or overseers and helpers
d) Philippians 1:7 Or because I hold you in my heart
e) Philippians 1:7 Gk in grace



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments to each other and to myself as well.
Thank you and Bless you for reading and commenting.