Woodlawn CC

Woodlawn CC

Friday, January 31, 2020

February 2020 - Pastor's Newsletter Article

Jerusalem 
Below please find my article for the Church's February Newsletter.  I've included several of the photos taken while we were in Israel.  Gail and I are working on sorting through the photos but between the two of us and three cameras, we have over 5,000 photos.  It's going to take some time to sort and identify all the shots.  Stay tuned for more photos to come!

Be a blessing to someone today!

In His Grace,
Roy


Masada

Pastor's Ponderings – February 2020

Well, January certainly has blown right by us!  With Gail and myself being gone for the first two Sundays and then the weather causing us to cancel worship on the 19th, it's been a very crazy month, to say the least.  Let's hope the worst of winter is behind us and that it's all downhill from here.  My attitude has long been that if we can just make it through January then the rest of the winter goes by quickly enough and at least the end is in sight!

As you all know from January 2nd to the 12th Gail and I were fortunate enough to be on a pilgrimage with three other couples to the Holy Land.  I've already been telling stories about the trip in my sermons and I'm sorry to say you'll be hearing many more stories as the year (years) go by.  So far I've talked about our being re-baptized in the Jordan, being on a boat on the Sea of Galilee, seeing what is believed to be Peter's home in Capernaum, and there were so many other places that we visited that will work their way into sermons and lessons.  It truly was an amazing journey and once again I want to thank the folks with Burntstone Ministries, thank you, thank you, thank you, for what was and is such a blessing!


The Western Wall


The Church of the Holy Sepulchre

I want to thank Ryan Daisy for filling in for me while I was away.  He did a wonderful job (as always) with his preaching and I am very much thankful to him for taking care of Don O'Tool's funeral service and visiting Donnie in the Hospital prior to his passing.  Thank you, Ryan!  Your efforts are very much appreciated!


Please remember to pray for comfort and strength for Don's family, Clarice and her family are true gems and may God comfort and console them all in the days, weeks, and years ahead.  God bless you all!

While I was in Israel, I received confirmation that our planned Christmas Concert on December 5th is a go!  We will be hosting Camille and Kennerly Kitt, a/k/a as the “Harp Twins” here at Woodlawn.  The concert will be on December 5th at 7 pm.  The tickets for the concert will be $15 and we have not yet determined when we will open up the sale of tickets.  These wonderfully talented musicians sell out all of their concerts and they are a show that you will not want to miss!  Mark your calendars and keep your eyes and ears open for more details... once we open up the ticket sales you will not want to wait to purchase them as most of their concerts sell out within just a very few days.  You can find their music on Spotify, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, and I'm sure more places as well.  They have over 60 million views on Youtube so they have a huge following for their music.  This will be the beginning of their first-ever Christmas Concert Series and we couldn't be more fortunate than being able to book them to perform here at Woodlawn!




I am planning to be out of the office on February 10-12 to attend the American Baptists “Ministers Council Retreat” at Dayton Oaks Camp.  I will be in the office for a bit on the 10th and will arrive back later in the day on the 12th so please check with Clint in the office to make sure I'm around before you head in to see me.

Speaking of Clint, we all should welcome aboard Clint DeVries as the new Church Secretary/Receptionist.  Clint took over for Brittanie and is in the office in the mornings Tuesday through Friday.  Clint has been doing a great job and please drop in and say hello and thank him for coming to help us out!

With that, I am going to wrap up my ramblings for this month.  Please remember as always to...

Be a blessing to someone today!!  Pastor Roy


Caesarea by the Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments to each other and to myself as well.
Thank you and Bless you for reading and commenting.