Woodlawn CC

Woodlawn CC

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Prayers and video of Oct 25th Sermon


Well, as I sit to write this blog post, autumn is certainly in the air; actually, scratch that winter is in the air.  It is down right COLD outside and the wet weather isn't helping the comfort level one tiny little bit.  Fall is one of my favorite times of the year, however, like so many I don't enjoy what is just around the corner.  I do love living in the mid-west where we have all four seasons, it's just that I'd like spring and fall to take up about 40 of the 52 weeks, give summer 11 and we'll forfeit one to winter, preferably the week of Christmas.  Of course I don't want any blizzards or anything just some idyllic snow fall to punctuate the feeling of Christmas.  As soon as Christmas has passed the temps can shoot back up to the 60's and I'd be just content.  Oh well, one can dream.

I'm looking forward to my first winter here in Lake City, though the weekly drive back and forth to Omaha could be interesting at times.  I really don't know how much longer we'll keep up this routine, but it is the norm for the time being and I will just do what needs to be done.

It's been a difficult last couple of weeks for the Karlen family, we had to put down our oldest cat 'Jade' a couple of weeks back and just this week we had to put down our other little boy 'Mister Tibbles' (Tibby).  Jade was an old man and along with having gone blind his kidneys were failing, Tibby had a tumor in his stomach which was growing rapidly.  We knew that they were both failing and honestly it was just a contest to see who lasted the longest.  Ultimately it came down to when Gail was ready to let each of them go.  They were both her 'boys' and she loved them dearly.  It's been especially rough for her.

Tibby helping out in Gail's sewing room.
To top everything off, that same evening after having had to put Tibby down, Gail's mom Mary Alice had to be admitted to the hospital.  She's developed several compression fractures in her spine and sad to report she is in considerable pain.

All prayers for healing and comfort for Mary Alice would be greatly appreciated.

I've also learned that whereas my Uncle Don is doing somewhat better it doesn't seem that he is ever going to recover fully after his most recent stroke.  He's in the nursing home currently and it honestly sounds like that may well be where he'll be for the duration.  This last week I also learned that my Uncle Doug has cancer and that he is hospitalized in Sioux Falls.  The prognosis sounds extremely grim for Doug with cancer in his lungs and multiple other organs as well.  Doug has been incarcerated for the last few years and was only recently released only to become ill and discover that his remaining days are extremely short.

So any prayers for both Don and Doug would also be greatly appreciated.

Well, that's enough sadness for one sitting, here is the video of the sermon from last Sunday morning (October 25th).  I hope you enjoy it, thankfully we were able to get it all in one shot this week.  Yay!

God's blessing to you all and remember to "Be a blessing to someone today!".

In His Grace,
Roy






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments to each other and to myself as well.
Thank you and Bless you for reading and commenting.