Woodlawn CC

Woodlawn CC

Monday, January 11, 2016

Second Sermon in the Series about the Book of James, Jan 10th, 2016

Photo by Philip Andersen, Clear Lake, SD
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-philip-andersen/shop

This past Sunday was 'Part Two' of the sermon series I am doing on the Book of James.  I've attached the video of the sermon for those that are interested in watching.  Perhaps the clearest message of the book is that God does not want us to be double minded.  When we are double minded we are only lukewarm about our faith.  I'm reminded of the scene in the movie "War Room", where the elderly lady gives the younger woman a cup of coffee that is at room temperature.  This was after the woman described to the older woman that her faith wasn't hot or cold just in the middle.

The analogy of the cup of coffee illustrating just how we are when we're only 'lukewarm' about our faith was a very impactful scene.  If you haven't seen the movie 'War Room', I'd suggest you might want to.  All and all it is a very good little movie and well worth any taking the time to watch it.


This sermon is about 23 minutes long but, I think it was a good message and well worth the time it takes to listen to the video.  Of course, I am somewhat biased in my opinion.

May all that have found their way through this little corner of the internet be well and richly blessed by our all loving God.

In His Love, Grace, and Mercy,
Roy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments to each other and to myself as well.
Thank you and Bless you for reading and commenting.