Woodlawn CC

Woodlawn CC

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Thursday Night Service - February 27, 2020 - 1st Corinthians 4:1-5 - Slaves for Christ


I'm trying to get caught up on the blog so here is the sermon from Thursday night's worship on February 27th.  That night we looked at the short bit of scripture found in 1st Corinthians 4:1-5.

In these few verses, we learn twice that we are called to be slaves to Christ.  The word translated in the NRSV as servants means a 'Galley Slave', and the word translated as steward means a slave who is in charge of the finances and order of the household.

Please take a listen and see what you think.

Be a blessing to someone today!

In Christ,
Roy



1 Corinthians 4:1-5 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
The Ministry of the Apostles

4 Think of us in this way, as servants of Christ and stewards of God’s mysteries. 2 Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found trustworthy. 3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by any human court. I do not even judge myself. 4 I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the Lord who judges me. 5 Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive commendation from God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments to each other and to myself as well.
Thank you and Bless you for reading and commenting.