Woodlawn CC

Woodlawn CC

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Preaching and more apples....

Well this past Sunday we traveled south to visit and preach at the Humboldt Christian Church.  The sermon wasn't in my opinion my best presentation, but everyone seemed to really like the message.  Unfortunately Maddie's camera acted up on her and she didn't get much of it recorded.  She switched over to still photos however and I'll post some of them once she transfers them to my computer.

I really enjoyed my visit to Humboldt, and I'm very much looking forward to going and worshiping with them again this Sunday.  It is always good to be in the company of good Christians and the Humboldt Church is made up of what is best described as just 'Good Folks'.  This is exactly the kind of Church I'd love to Pastor myself someday and I must express a bit of envy for my friend Howard for having such a good congregation to work for.  There were a good number of kids who came forward for the children's sermon and I really loved seeing that.  There is nothing in this world more precious than children and to speak to them about loving our Lord is truly the brightest part of ministry.

As I said we'll be going down again this Sunday and hopefully we'll get the camera issue worked out and be able to record the sermon this time.

We decided to swing through Nebraska City on the way home and stop at Kimmel Orchard.  Before hitting the orchard we stopped and had lunch and I blew my diet for the second time over the weekend by eating a burger and fries.  After lunch we stopped and picked up a bunch of apples both for baking and for eating.  It's pretty hard to get through Kimmel without buying one of everything apple, LOL but we stuck to just apples and avoided the preserves etc.


Kimmel Orchard, Nebraska City, NE
Saturday night was the annual Baked Steak Dinner for Sunset Hills and as always Gail was in charge of the Dinner.  It was as good as ever but that was the first time I blew my diet this weekend.  I stepped on the scale today and I'm cussing myself for my two moments of weakness.

Sunday night I was supposed to workout but I pushed the workout to Monday night as my shoulders were both still really bothering me from my workout on Wednesday night.  I'm a bit concerned because my 'good' shoulder is the one that is bothering me the most.  Last night I just did incline bench press and high rows on the  hammer strength machine.  I could really feel the tightness in the right shoulder and I was afraid to push through my full routine.  Went home and alternated ice from left to right for several hours.  Will hit the motrin hard this week and hopefully I'll be able to do my full routine Thursday night.

Even though my shoulders were bothering me my strength was excellent and otherwise I felt and looked (if I do say so myself LOL) pretty good.  I'm not at all happy with where my body weight is at the moment but I have resolved to be patient.

Thank you all for following along, have a very blessed and joy filled day.

Be the BLESSING!

In his enduring grace and love,
Roy

Here are a couple of cute photos of Maddie and her boyfriend Joe taken when we were all out visiting the Pumpkin Patch the other day.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments to each other and to myself as well.
Thank you and Bless you for reading and commenting.