Woodlawn CC

Woodlawn CC

Monday, January 26, 2015

Sermon at New Life Baptist Church



Yesterday, Gail and I attended service at New Life Baptist Church in Bellevue, NE.  Their Pastor Rick Wheatley, left this week to go on a Mission trip, and so I was offered the chance to provide pulpit supply for them.  New Life is a very upbeat and happy congregation.  Their service has a good deal of energy, and they are greatly blessed with folks with musical and singing talents.  It was a very uplifting service, and I enjoyed it immensely.

New Life Baptist Church, Bellevue, NE

Gail was able to record the sermon and miraculously, I was able to get it loaded up to Youtube without any issues.  The sermon topic was 'The Lord's Prayer'.  Since I had fairly short notice about the opportunity to preach for New Life, I didn't really have time to write a new sermon.  So, I did something I have never done before, and I just revised a sermon I had already preached in the past.

The last time, however the video didn't cooperate so I wasn't able to load the recorded sermon onto this blog.

Here is the video, I hope you enjoy the sermon.  Remember, I never claim to be the smoothest preacher out there, but the message is a good one in my opinion. (of course I am somewhat biased)



I pray that you all will have a wonderful week, and I will leave you with the prayer that I used to close the sermon.

God's abundant Love & Grace to you all,
Roy



God above, Father, Abba

Holy, Sacred and Revered Lord.

We pledge our hands, our feet, our hearts and our spirits
to you Oh Lord, to fashion this world as you
would desire.

Let us ever be your emissaries of Love,
Charity, Grace and Forgiveness in this world.

Let us follow the model that you have given us, of Jesus who is the Christ, as we pursue your perfect example of grace and love to this broken world.

Allow us Oh Lord, to come into communion and relationship with you.  Give us the strength of body, mind and spirit that we require to serve you.

We pray for your protection from those that would oppose and harm us, and from our own sinful and selfish egos.  

Oh Lord, guide us steadfastly down your path of Forgiveness, Grace, Charity and Love onto this world.

For yours alone Oh Lord, is the Kingdom, and the power and the glory, until the very end of all time.

Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments to each other and to myself as well.
Thank you and Bless you for reading and commenting.