Woodlawn CC

Woodlawn CC

Monday, May 18, 2015

Our excitement on Mother's Day here in Lake City

Photo from 'Prairie Sanctuaries Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/prairiesanctuaries?fref=photo
The absolute best FB page for Country Church Photos!

Well, as you may or may not know back a week ago Sunday (May 10th) our little town here in Lake City was hit by a tornado.  It did some damage to the buildings at the High School, and this week and next the local HS students are attending classes in our Church as well as the Union Church and several other buildings around the town square.

I happened to be at the High School when the twister hit and in all my years of being around these crazy storms this is the first time I've actually been in a building as it was hit.  Pretty incredible experience and I got to share it with over 100 other folks.


There are several videos on Youtube but I can't plug them in here directly as they're for limited broadcast, so here are links to a couple on Youtube.


Video of Tornado in Lake City, Iowa 5/10/15


Video of Tornado near Lake City, Iowa 5/10/15








Likewise, here are a couple of news stories about the tornado, the second link has a video where one of my youth (Ryan Daisy) and I are interviewed by a local reporter.


Article and a video of the storm


Article and video of our interview


Added 5/19 an article about the school using the various buildings in Lake City


This past Sunday I preached from notes rather than a manuscript.  I had Kimberly Daisy video it on my phone, but it didn't turn out well.  She was too far back in the pews and also had some issues with working a strange phone.

It wasn't a bad sermon if I say so myself.  We recognized the graduating HS Seniors and I gave each of them a pew Bible that had been in the Church for 42 years.  I then asked them to go through the pews as I continued to preach and to have everyone at church sign the Bibles for them.  Everyone really loved that we did this for the graduates and hopefully, the graduates will (or do) appreciate the sentiment as much as everyone else did.


Well, it's late and I have to get up early and let the teachers into the Church so I'm going to turn in.


In God's abundant grace and constant care,

Roy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments to each other and to myself as well.
Thank you and Bless you for reading and commenting.