Woodlawn CC

Woodlawn CC

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Well we're back home from spending the morning in worship with all the good folks at Salem United Church of Christ.  I felt the sermon went well and my daughter Maddie was able to record it for me.  Unfortunately she started recording it on her camera and her battery died.  She made a quick shift of devices and caught the rest on her phone.  She said it was at a point that I had paused and thinks it will be fairly seamless.

She hasn't spliced the two together yet for me (heck if I know how to do that) so when she gets it done I will try and get it online and link it here.

Was wonderful to be out in the country again and worshiping with all the good people!

Here is a photo of another lovely South Dakota Church.  This one is a Catholic Church in Hoven South Dakota and is sometimes called the Cathedral of the Prairie.  This church is visible for what seems like miles as you come up on Hoven.  Right out of college I interviewed with the Bank in Hoven and was offered a job there which I declined.  I sometimes wonder how vastly different life would have been if I had taken that job.  Just a few years later I learned the Senior Vice President was arrested for a check kiting scheme that he and another banker from a bank on I believe the west coast had going on.  Might have made for an immediate opening to move up that ranks. LOL

Catholic Church in Hoven, SD

Have a very blessed weekend and remember to be a blessing to somebody today!
Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments to each other and to myself as well.
Thank you and Bless you for reading and commenting.