Woodlawn CC

Woodlawn CC

Saturday, May 19, 2012

ELM Training Session - Christian Education

Back home from 'ELM', this session and next month are covering Christian Education.  It was a very interesting class taught by Dr. Ted Huffman, Senior Minister at 1st Congregational United Church of Christ, Rapid City, SD.  I really enjoyed meeting and visiting with Ted.  He seems to be a very interesting man and some of his background I can relate to very easily.  I envy him with being able to pastor a church in the beautiful Black Hills, certainly one of the most gorgeous places in the USA.


Since I have long said that I'm more of a teacher than a preacher, I found this session very worthwhile.  Only problem is Ted referred to several books which I now desperately want.  The Courage to Teach by Parker J. Palmer and Stages of Faith by James W. Fowler are two that were mentioned that I very much would like to purchase as well as several others that were referenced.  Ted also told me about a book on the brain that sounded very interesting but he could not recall the exact title and author so I asked him to please forward it to me.  (on top of all that I purchased a book for the upcoming Baptist Polity class 'Down by the River, a brief history of Baptist Faith', by Everett C. Goodwin)  The problem is that with all of the books I inherited from Jesse my library is bursting at the seams.  This summer's project will be rearranging and modifying the basement in order to be able to shelve my current library.  I have laughingly said that I need to find a pulpit soon just to have more shelf room.


I will close this post with a couple more images of country churches, again all of these churches are located up in South Dakota.


As always please remember to "be a blessing to somebody today".

In God's Love,
Roy








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments to each other and to myself as well.
Thank you and Bless you for reading and commenting.