Woodlawn CC

Woodlawn CC

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Jamey Johnson Concert on Friday Night



Well Gail and I started the weekend off by going over to Council Bluffs and catching a concert by Jamey Johnson.  Neither of us were familiar with his music but my brother Merrill and his wife Karen were planning to come down for it so we went over and met them along with Karen's cousin and her husband.  We went out to eat and then went to the concert at the Stir Concert Cove.  I haven't listened to country music very much for a great many years and it was fun hearing some true country music after so long.

One thing I did notice was I had forgotten how bad the messages are in a great deal of country music.  This song along with "Amazing Grace" were about the only two with a good message.


The video linked is from the 25th Farm Aid Concert, I remember seeing the third Farm Aid Concert in Lincoln in 1987.  Wow what a long time ago that was....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in your comments to each other and to myself as well.
Thank you and Bless you for reading and commenting.